Monday 8 February 2016

VAMALGAM 7, The V&A Staff Art Exhibition

As well as doing my freelance illustration work, I've also been working at the Victoria and Albert Museum as a Gallery Assistant since March 2015. And recently these two parts of my working life co-existed, as I submitted an illustration for VAMALGAM 7, The V&A Staff Art Exhibition.

I decided to create a new drawing inspired by the V&A's collection ("Site Specific", innit!) and while looking around at the objects on display, began imagining a knockout slugfest between the plaster cast of Michelangelo's statue of David, housed in the museum's impressive Cast Courts, and the bust of Queen Victoria located in the British Galleries...



The exhibition is on display in the staff canteen area, so sadly isn't on view to the public, but here a few photos of the exhibition...





No comments:

Post a Comment