Thursday 13 November 2014

Thought Bubble 2014

Thought Bubble is the annual week-long Comic Art Festival held in Leeds, which culminates in a two-day comic fair this weekend. And for the first time, I'll be exhibiting with my own table, selling my comics! If you're going along, you'll be at table 65 in New Dock Hall sharing with John Cei Douglas.



I thought I'd give a quick summary of the comics I'll be selling this weekend...



Look What I Drawed..., as well as taking it's title from the name of this blog, is my latest comic and will be debuting at this year's Thought Bubble. It's a collection of various comic strips, single page comics and a couple of longer stories I've created over the last few years, including this two page story, The Orb, which I produced earlier this year...





Look What I Drawed... includes a wide range of comics, featuring vampires, werewolves, feline superheroes, Shakespearean penguins, and more!



March Of The Penguins was released earlier this year, and is a collection of comic strips featuring a pair of penguins who live alone in the middle of an isolated snow-covered wasteland. I originally produced these strips daily during the month of March, which is where the title comes from. What started out as an attempt to produce a comic strip about nothing, gradually evolved to develop more of a longer narrative, and I'd still like to come back and do something else with these characters at some point. Here's a sample of a couple of strips...







I'll also have two penguin badge designs on sale alongside the comic!

And finally, I'll also have a limited number of copies of my first self-published comic, Haiku Comics!



This was my final project for my MA Illustration degree, where I decided to adapt English translations of three-line Japanese Haiku poems into three-panel comic strips. Looking through these again now, this is also a project that I would love to return to. Here's a couple of sample strips...





So there you go! Now you know what I'll have with me and where to find me, so I look forward to hopefully seeing lots of you during the weekend! Do come and say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment